Saturday, June 17, 2006

I Love Summer!

I soooo love summer!!! This is the time of year when I lose all responsibility, all ties, all worries. I just get to live day to day, and not worry about anything else. I love not worrying about what time I need to get up in the morning. I guess I am by nature a night owl. After all, at times, I will brew a large pot of coffee at 11:30, and drink the whole thing. How weird is that? But wake me up in the morning? Well, that's a different story. At that point, I generally just want water, or to go back to sleep. Anyways, I stayed at the lake Friday night with Ellie, Harley, and Libby, for those who don't know, Libby is the lake dog, and Ellie is my ex-sister-in-law's dog. If only I had had a camera with me. I was reading, and we had been in the sun for hours. I looked up, only to see the perfect picture for the title The Dog Days of Summer. I was laid out in the lawn chair, Harley was totally sprawled out on a towl, Ellie was passed out on the dock under my chair, and Libby was laid out on the dock. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera, so it's another moment I will just have to record in my mind for a rainy day. It was a nice moment, one that makes you stop, and think, man, life is good. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. LOL!!! Looking forward to Bethany and Rachel next weekend. In fact, I can't wait!!!

No comments: