Saturday, December 06, 2008

Welcome...


Miss Ellie:)




Ashley and Reese brought Ellie over yesterday afternoon. I am so happy to have her here. I think she and Harley are going to have lots of fun together and be great company for each other. She seems pretty happy so far....she's so tiny and cute:)
For those of you who aren't familiar with Ellie...here's the background. She belonged to my ex-sister-in-law. She and Harley are almost the same age, and have been together since they were puppies. They got Ellie about a year after we got Harley. Anytime either of us needed a dogsitter, we took on that job. Ellie and Harley were together for almost an entire summer two years ago. So lots of my friends and family know her. Ashley has remarried and had a baby, and two more dogs. She didn't feel like Ellie was happy or getting enough love. With three dogs, and the new baby, the dogs were just left in the basement most of the time. So a few weeks ago, she texted and asked if I would be interested in giving Ellie a home if they were to need it. Of course I said yes...and most of my friends/family have said, "if you don't take her, I will". The thought of two dogs did freak me out a little. One is a lot to take care of when you are by yourself. It's hard to find care for them when you leave, travel is tough, etc. But the more I thought about it, the more I knew I would take Ellie. Now Harley will have company during the day when I am at work. Last night one dog snuggled on side of me, and one on the other, and they kept me so warm:) She is just a really cute, tiny, and sweet personality. So welcome home Ellie!

7 comments:

Tiffany Cooper said...

That is one cute sweater!!! So flattering to her figure :-) Good to meet you Ellie!

Laura said...

She is super cute! LOve the sweater!!

Holly said...

I think you did the right thing and Ellie does too, I bet! They will be good buddies, but hopefully not get into too much trouble while you are away! lol
She's a cutie!

Kodi Logan said...

Congrats. I often wonder about getting a friend for Nestle. She is so lonely without Max. But I'm just not ready to do that. Even though it's awfully tempting...especially knowing all the dogs out there that need a home.

Heather said...

Sooooooooooo cute, Amy!!!

allissa said...

give Ellie some kisses for me. I sure do miss that little girl! And I can't believe how grown up Reese is! Wow :)

Mejores depositos 2012 said...

Sweet website! I discovered it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any guidelines on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to have there! Cheers