Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!




Here is a picture of a rose just getting ready to bloom. These roses are just growing like crazy. They were actually a gift from a kid in my class last year for Teacher Appreciation Week. I kept not planting, not planting, and not planting them. However, I finally threw them into this planter outside. Thank goodness I did, because now I have so many beautiful roses! Every day there are more and more blooms, and the stems are so tall! I never actually even thought that they would grow. However, I guess life throws surprises at you every single day! Now I look at these roses and thank God that I threw them in this pot. I had no idea how much pleasure they would be bringing to me one year later. I hope everyone has a good Memorial Day Weekend!

4 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

Isn't that just the lovelies pic???

Allison Davis said...

Such a pretty picture! I always want to plant flowers but I know better...I'm eager at first and then I always end up killing them! :)

Heather said...

I love roses!!!! How fun! Big plans for the weekend? Stinks we have to come back to school on Tuesday!

Kodi Logan said...

Very pretty! Trai has a rose bush and it has taken off. I bet there are over 100 blooms on it. Emmarie fell into it the other night and get pretty scratched up every where.

I love this time of year just because of planting flowers. All of my perenials are getting ready to bust loose! I check them everyday. I can't wait! Have fun this weekend!