Saturday, May 31, 2008

I can't believe it's finally summer:)


I am so excited that it is finally summer vacation! I almost feel like a different person this morning. I have been meaning to post some pictures of the flooding at the lake. If you have ever been to Table Rock, you have probably driven over or boated under the Kimberling City Bridge. This is it now. Just a few weeks ago, the water was up to the road. You are not able to drive a boat underneath on the far left. It is really weird to ride under it because it looks like the boat will scrape the top of the bridge. There used to be a huge space between the bridge and the water.
The picture on the left was our dock last summer. The picture below is our dock now. One of my neighbors actually went and got the bridge from a walking trail that no longer exists, and bolted it to the end of the dock. You can see where the silver things are. That is how far out the water goes. Where the canoe is, is where we used to park our golf carts at. It is truly unbelievable!
























The picture below is my friend Heather trying to canoe to the shore from their dock. It is not an easy task, but pretty funny to try and even more funny to watch:)























And of course, I can never resist a beautiful sunset picture at the lake. It is truly the best time to be out there. I had such a good Memorial Day weekend with my friends Heather and Eric, and their company from Kansas City and St. Louis. We ended up escaping a huge storm, luckily. We were out on the water when the storm moved in, and getting to the dock felt like we were in the show Deadliest Catch. When we finally got to their dock, there were strangers parked in their slip. We had to ask them to move over to the slip next to the one they were in. We sat under the dock trying to stay warm and dry for over an hour. If you look at the picture of Heather in the canoe, you can see the raindrops. She was determined to get up to the house. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! To all my teacher friends, HAPPY SUMMER!!! Enjoy, because we all know how fast it flies!







1 comment:

Kodi Logan said...

Wow. That sunset pic is beautiful! That would be awesome to see every day. Do you have internet at your house now or are you still having to go somewhere else?

I think this summer is going to be super speedy...late dismissal and early start. I'm already kind of dreading next year b/c of our early start time. The daycare isn't going to open until 7:00 a.m. even though Holly and I will have to be at work by 7:10 a.m. each day. Mr. McPheeters said we'd just have to be a little late every day. It won't be too bad until the primary moves...the extra drive will make it darn near impossible to be at work on time. I'll feel rushed every morning when I start my day. I typically show up to work about 25 minutes early so that I can have some "me" time and prepare for the day. I'll be a crazed lunatic by the end of the day! :) I'm sure I'll adjust...especially when I'm out of school at 2:30-2:45.