Friday, May 02, 2008

Simple Things

My friend Tiffany posted about five simple things that make her happy. I loved the concept because it is true that the simple things are the things make life good. I had more than five, so here are six little things that bring me happiness:

1. My spring flowers...They make me smile everyday!

2. Some of the sweetest kids in my class make me things all the time. The fact that they are so young and that they know everything I love makes me smile. They are constantly making me signs that say OU Rocks, and asking me what my favorite color is so that they can use it. They are so genuine, and it has been such a blessing that I have this class this year. I am getting really sad about the end of the year coming. I will miss some of them so very much.

3. The beauty of friendship...I have the very best friends in the whole world.

4. Talking to my mom on the phone nearly everyday. I have come to realize that she isn't only my mom, but she is my friend. I don't know why it took me so long to figure that out. But I am so blessed to have her.

5. Laying in the hammock...my favorite spot!

6. Snuggling with Harley. As she has gotten older, she has turned into such a huge snuggler. She is by my side almost all the time. I wouldn't have it any other way:)


Hope everyone has a great weekend and finds time to enjoy the simple things that make you smile! For all my teacher friends...Yeah...No more Saturday School!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Great list! It's always comforting to count your blessings!

Wasn't it nice to at least try to sleep in this morning?

Kodi Logan said...

I love your simple things list. I need to think about that. With every crazy thing going on in my life right now...focusing on the simple sounds really, really nice!