Monday, April 02, 2007

Back to Work!



I am sad to report that my spring break is over! For all of you who are teachers, you feel my pain. For everyone else, you think it is really weird how teachers get about our breaks. But trust me, trying to keep kids inside (and more importantly-focused and on task) when the weather is nice, is quite a task. They are getting tired of school-and sometimes their teachers-and we are feeling likewise. This time of year just kind of wears me out. (at school) It is like I have to motivate my class, but I have to motivate myself too. I have to start thinking about all I will do different next year, but stay focused on what I am doing right now. Blah, blah, blah! Like I said for those of you teachers, you will understand what I'm saying. Everyone else, I apologize, you must bear with me. I am sure this won't be my last entry about the spring school stuff. But the good thing is that since spring break is over, summer is officially just around the corner. I went back today, and we went to Fantastic Caverns for a field trip. If you live around Springfield, and have never been there, it's worth a trip. I never in a million years would have thought a cave could be interesting, but it is, and it is actually beautiful in parts too. Anyway, that was a good start back to school after a nice break. I am very happy to report that I got my first bit of a suntan on Sunday too. I sat out on our deck at the lake reading, "The Devil Wears Prada", and I actually got a whole lot of sun:) That always makes me happy. The dogs had fun too. Have a great week! Amy

1 comment:

Tiffany Cooper said...

I feel your pain! I remember how thrilling it was to get a week off, unfortunately I spent half of it to grade research papers. Nothing beats the feeling of walking out the door on the last day of school after the room was cleaned out!!! I have to say I don't miss waking up early and grading papers at night.