Monday, June 09, 2008

HELP!!!

I am trying to get my scrapbooks organized. How do you store your pages? I have always done an album for each year in chronological order, but that doesn't seem practical anymore. They get too huge. I am wanting to do an album each for my nieces and nephew so that they can have them when they graduate. So as I am pulling out my layouts from scrapbooks, I am left with blanks, and I just think I need to change it up. What do you do??? I am considering a friends album, family album, holidays album, etc. Has anyone done it like this? I am overwhelmed, and I can't believe how many pages I have, hundreds, literally to sort out.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I have no advice to offer, but have the same question! I am not sure how to store my 10 pages! (HA!!! Hopefully it will be alot more by the end of the summer.) I really just have them stacked up right now because I'm unsure where to start on organizing.

Holly said...

Hey Amy! I do mine exactly how you said....I have a Christmas album that has spreads in chronological order, but going back to Christmas of '96. I scrapbook in chronological order everytime, but start and stop based on when the book gets full, not the calendar year. I have a nephew book, a general family book, an outdoor activity/vacation book, Tanner book, etc...that system has always worked for me. My cover page, in the front, is about the theme, not the year...sometimes I put the year that the spreads are from, if they happen to all be from one particular year.
Hope you are enjoying the lake!!

the scrappy chic said...

Thanks Holly! I think that's what I'm going to try. It is good to see you back on blogger:) Hopefully little Tanner is doing good, and coming home really soon!

Kodi Logan said...

I'm like you. I have mine chronologically. I used to think that was the only I could scrapbook too! I'm so glad I quit that. I do have a vacation album and have intentions of a Christmas album. I haven't started that yet though. If you figure out something grand, let us all know! ;)

Jennifer said...

I don't do mine in chronological order. That stresses me out. I do them in any order and with nothing in mind accept the "aawww" factor. I love when people recall a memory out of no where and their eyes light up and say "I remember this" or "I forgot how funny that was" so that's why my books are random. Makes turning every page a surprise! (and I'm too lazy to do it any other way. that could be the real reason)