Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just a note...


to say hello. I hope everyone is doing well! I will say it again and again...I LOVE SUMMER!!! It is so nice to have time to just be...and not be going here and there and everywhere, just time to regroup and get things done and figured out. As this is my first summer alone, I was afraid I would have a hard time adjusting and filling my time, like maybe I wouldn't have a purpose. Was I ever wrong about that!!! I have had time to reflect and think about life and choices and all kinds of stuff. Some happy, some sad, and some just kind of in between. But when I was working, I didn't have time for all of that. I was just in a pure mode of survival. I had my mom, grandma, aunt, and ten year old cousin

here this weekend. They came on Thursday and left on Sunday afternoon. We had a really nice time. But I think everyone was really worn out. We went to Silver Dollar City on Friday, we went to the Landing on Saturday, and shopped on Sunday. It was a really nice time. I have pictures, but I haven't uploaded/edited them yet. I will get to that. I am posting a picture of my huge cactus that I loved when it bloomed! Unfortunately, those blooms are gone now, and we are back to just a cactus, but it is unbelievable how huge it became, and how pretty those yellow blooms were! I just wish it would do that all summer. Anyways, have a great day, and I will post more soon. I am preparing for Rachel and Rich. They are driving from Pennsylvania Thursday, and will be here Friday through July 5 or 6. I am super excited to see them and have them here with me!

5 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your time. Reflection is the best medicine! :) I wish I would have taken pics of my flower bed several weeks ago. Several of my plants are already finished blooming, so my bed is not nearly as pretty as it was. Shoot. Hopefully I'll remember that come next summer.

When does your school year start?

Tiffany Cooper said...

So glad you are having a relaxing summer with time to reflect. Sounds like you are keeping busy. It's hard to believe that June is almost over.
I have to say that I love your Sooners flag...I'm sure not as much as you love though :)
I was going to come to Springfield in July but don't think I'll be making it now.

Also, Lesley (the girl in the pic awhile back) is from Spfd. She was a Lewis girl :)

Have a great week!!!

the scrappy chic said...

Kodi, I have to be back on August 18. Kids start the 21st. At least it's a little later than you guys:)

Tiff, I thought that was who she was!

Heather said...

hi amy! i LOVE summer too!!!! it has been such a good summer so far. nothing just outstanding has happened, but i have loved having free time. i'm like you - i sometimes think i might get bored, but i don't at all! i can always find something to do or that needs to be done. have a good time with rachel!

Holly said...

Free time? lol
Seriously, I'm jealous and blessed to not have free time, all at the same time!

Your cactus was beautiful! Sounds like you have good times in store for the next week or so. Enjoy!