Monday, August 04, 2008

Summer...

is simply flying. That is the only way to say it. I know people who aren't teachers don't care about our summer, but I am becoming overwhelmed with the thought of a new school year. I have begun taking all my school stuff out of the attic. I have to get it all moved in. I think I had four or five carloads when I moved from my old building. I tried to pack seasonally so that I wouldn't have to take everything at once, but still, it's a task! I figure I will work on getting everything down and prioritize what I am going to take with me when I go to my room. Does anyone know a good website for ideas on setting up your classroom. My room is a blank slate right now. So I am looking for ideas. It is always shocking to me how overwhelming the beginning of the year is. We will make it though...we always do!

Anyway, I saw on Heather's blog that she added a bookshelf. I love this idea!!! So I added some of the books I have read this summer. Right now I am reading The Last Summer by Ann Brashares. I am really enjoying it.

6 comments:

Tiffany Cooper said...

I feel for you! Starting back to work is like having to start working out after a long break...at least that's how it felt for me. Hope you have some great days between now and then.

Heather said...

Reason 101 on why I'm glad I don't teach elementary: Having to switch out the themes for my room every holiday. HAHA! I love to decorate my room, but am so glad that I don't HAVE to switch stuff out all the time. I can't imagine having that much stuff.

Summer has flown by!!! I worked in my room a little bit this morning. I'm getting just a tad bit excited. Key word being "tad". :)

Kodi Logan said...

Em & I went up to my room today for about 4 hours. It seriously felt like I had just put all that stuff away!

I wouldn't have a clue how to set up an elementary classroom. I'm with Heather...I wouldn't want to have to do all the elaborate decorating you all do. I admire you elementary teachers. I just couldn't do it!

Holly said...

Good luck @ your new school Amy! Do you HAVE to do all that decorating?

Holly said...

Oh, I meant to say:
Great pics! I love the one of Kylan! Too cute with the animal print!

Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.