Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wow...

tomorrow is the first day of school with the little ones, and I mean really little ones:) I am used to second graders, and now I am teaching first grade. These little guys are still officially Kindergarteners...Last night I had open house, and believe it or not, every single kid in my class came for open house. I am actually really looking forward to being with kids and not being in meetings:) I think I am going to like teaching in Branson. It is sooooooooooooo different than what I am used to. But sometimes, stepping outside of your comfort zone is all you need, right? Everything is so much more technological, and it is so much bigger. I am overwhelmed with resources, and with everything else that comes with the beginning of the year. Hope all is well with everyone else. I am especially needing to YAWN...right now.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Amy...good luck with the little ones. First graders are fun! They may still need a little more than the second graders you are used to, but with that comes the fact that they still so much want to please you! Hope you have a great first day!

Heather said...

Gosh, I can't believe you're just starting today. It really seems like we have been back forever! Hard to believe its only been a week. Good luck as you start the year. I hope it's a really good one for you!

Tiffany Cooper said...

I agree, change is good sometimes. I didn't realize Branson was more advanced with tech. and resources. Hope you have a great year.

Holly said...

I'm looking forward to hearing just how different Branson and LR really are! The crazy tax rate down there must provide all sorts of stuff for the teachers. I'm really glad that it has been a postive experience so far and I hope you have a fabulous year!

I'm with ya on the BIG yawn!!!

The Pope's said...

Hi Amy-
I hope that you are off to a great new school year!! Can you email me at my school address so I can email you back? I have some questions about one of your students from last year. Thanks so much!! Have a great week!!

Alicia

Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.