Thursday, August 28, 2008

TIRED...

doesn't even begin to explain the way I am feeling right now. The beginning of the school year is always exhausting, but this is different. I guess it is a new school, not knowing all the in's and out's of the school, having first graders for the first time, etc...Plus, I hit my tailbone really hard on Monday. It is soooo sore. I have been taking Ibuprofen like it's going out of style. It hurts to sit down. It hurts to stand, because my feet and legs are exhausted.

But other than all that, I find myself smiling all the time while I am at work. Today was by far, the best day I have had. The kids were calmer, I was calmer, everything was just overall more smooth. I miss my friends in Rogersville, but not the drive I was making. That part is certainly a plus. Not to mention, the resources, which, as I have stated before, are unbelievable. I have a SmartBoard in my room, with subscriptions to anything and everything you could imagine. So, all in all, I think my new job will be good. I just have to toughen up. The kids do too:) They are still crying for their moms at times, falling asleep in the afternoons, don't know what to do with supplies, etc. I guess they are just really little. There is a huge difference between second graders at the end of the year, and first graders at the beginning. It has been quite a shock, but I am adjusting. And like I said, I find myself smiling all the time. That's when you know it is okay. I was walking to my car today, exhausted, but I realized I was smiling for no apparent reason. I hope other people are doing the same thing:):):):):):):):):):)

8 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

I'm glad things are going so well! I can't imagine starting at a new school. I would be worse than a new student! I admire you for making a bold change. :) Glad you have all those excellent resources, but most epecially glad that you catch yourself smiling just because! :) Smile on.

the scrappy chic said...

Thanks Kodi:) And smiles to you...

Holly said...

I am truly so very happy for you and your "new life!" How wonderful it must be to be less stressed and more happy!

Ronnie and Becky said...

Hi Amy...and you make me smile...

Love
Becky B

Tiffany Cooper said...

Go ahead a smile Girl!!! I never thought about how it would be to have 1st graders and their transition into 1st grade.
Glad you're all starting to get adjusted more.
Enjoy your weekend! Sleep!

Laura said...

Amy. I am so glad you are happy and that school is going well. It's ggod to SMILE do it often!

Heather said...

The beginning of the year is so exhausting, isn't it!!! I'm so glad you are having a good start to the year!

Subhash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.