Tuesday, May 15, 2007

3 1/2 Days...

and counting!!! That is how much school I have left to go. Just thinking of that makes me smile-really big:) I read on my friend Allison's blog 10 things she has learned about herself by cleaning her scrapbook room. I haven't cleaned mine, but I decided to write 10 things I have learned by sitting amongst my mess. Here they are!!!

10. I have a whole lot of unfinished projects laying around.
9. I have really accumulated a ton of alphabet stickers, stamps, rub-ons, templates, etc. For some reason, I love letters.
8. I probably have as many pictures from the past two years as lots of people have accumulated over their entire lifetime.
7. When I love a picture, I print it over and over again, black and white, color, sepia, 5x7, 4x6, 8x10...and on and on and on.
6. I have a lot, and I do mean a lot, of old ink cartridges. Staples used to buy them to recycle, and I keep thinking someone will recycle them again. I should really throw these away.
5. I am extremely unorganized, but I can tell you where anything is-that is-if I remember that I have it.
4. I love all things Basic Grey!!!
3. I love pictures of my girlfriends and I-they are all around this place! I guess because most of them live far away, and I don't feel like I can hang them all around the house??? They are everywhere in here.
2. I, just like Allison, confess to being a really big scrapbook slob!!!
1. I couldn't imagine not having this room. Sometimes I just sit in here and listen to my favorite tunes on my ipod, look at pictures, talk on the phone, take a nap, or actually scrapbook. It never fails that when I leave this room, I feel better about life. This room makes me happy. When I am here, I am surrounded by things I love. The color red, memories, scrapbook stuff, music, the list could go on and on and on. But it all boils down to the fact that it is MY space!!!

7 comments:

Tiffany Cooper said...

Amy, this was fun to read. Makes me want to have a scrapbooking room. However I would go crazy if my room was unorganized. I wanted to e-mail you but I closed my myspace down and forgot to copy all your info first.
Sounds like you had a great Vegas trip. The Jerry Springer pic was the funniest.
Cade turned 2 on Sunday, it was fun. Feels like he's been around longer than 2 years. We're excited for the summer and all that goes with it. We'll be in Springfield sometime in July. Do you think you and Ryan would ever move back to Oklahoma? I would love that. Maybe I would see you every once in awhile then.

3 1/2 days left, I can feel your excitement about that. Have a great rest of the year until your summer!!!
Tiffany

Jennifer said...

Then where are the pictures of this room that you love so much?? I have to live THROUGH you guys with rooms because I don't have one of my own. My big secret is that I am organized to a point that it's slightly unnatural, but when it comes to my scrap stuff, I'm as big a slob as they come!!

the scrappy chic said...

Jennifer, it's never clean enough for a picture:) Maybe this summer...We'll see!

Tiffany Cooper said...

Yeah, I can tell you are really happy in Spfd. It's great to find a place that feels like home. I feel that way about Edmond, I'm excited about raising my family here. Life is good and I always want it be this way!
I'll let you know when I come to Spfd.

Allison Davis said...

I do the same w/ picture printing. I never know what I might want to use so I just print a bunch of sizes. It's so hard for me to know until I see it actually on the page.

#1 Couldn't have said it better about how I feel about my scrapbook room!

Allison Davis said...

I do the same w/ picture printing. I never know what I might want to use so I just print a bunch of sizes. It's so hard for me to know until I see it actually on the page.

#1 Couldn't have said it better about how I feel about my scrapbook room!

Allison Davis said...

wow. how did I manage to post that twice. I guess I wanted to make sure you read it!

Silly, silly, stupid Allison lol