Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ice Days...

are adding up. I think we now have four days to add to the end of our school year. We are making one day up on President's Day already. I have enjoyed these extremely long weekends, but come May...that will be a different story. I do feel for all the people out there who do not have power. I remember last year when I was in that situation, along with so many others. Not something I want to relive. I remember never being so thankful for light switches:) It was terribly miserable. I have been fortunate enough to keep power. I hope everyone else gets theirs back on soon. I am hoping we have school tomorrow. But I guess we will just have to wait and see. I deleted my earlier post for various reasons. I guess you never know how many people read these things. Hope everyone has a great day!

6 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

I'm thinking we will have school tomorrow. The roads here are really clear...a lot of melting going on. Only problem with that is all the standing water now. Wow. Sounds like things could get crazy again Friday and Sunday. I loved how the forecasters didn't really mention much about this past storm. I wasn't expecting it to be as bad as it was. So glad you kept power!

the scrappy chic said...

I wasn't expecting it either Kodi! There is nothing in Branson...I mean NOTHING!!! There was a tiny bit of ice yesterday, but it is completely gone! I am going a little stir crazy!!!

Holly said...

No kidding! None of my students, nor me, even mentioned this last Friday! You may know this by now, but the HS and probably the MS are without power and the parking lots are an ice slick. With the forecasts, I even wonder about Friday and Monday at this point.

Heather said...

We are going to be in school FOREVER!!!!! I never like to go after Memorial Day, but this year we will have to. If only we didn't have to make these days up!! :)

Holly said...

They are even having to move the start date of summer school now, Jane E. said.

Holly said...

OH! We have early dismissal tomorrow at 12:30, then meet at the high shool, right???