Monday, March 03, 2008

Hope everyone...

had a good weekend! I know I sure did. Having Bethany here was so very nice this weekend. I have some pics to post, but just haven't gotten around to it quite yet. Our weekend started off a little rough. On Friday, we were getting ready to go start running around, when all of a sudden, I stepped in standing water...and it was everywhere. The carpet was drenched, and the kitchen had water standing everywhere! I had started a load of laundry, and apparently, my washer has had it. It has been giving me trouble for the past month, not draining the water when it spins, and stuff like that. So Bethany and I shop-vacced for a couple of hours, then pointed fans toward the carpet so it could continue to dry out. What a mess!!! It seems to be mostly dry now though. I guess I'll be checking out washers and dryers this week. YUCK!!! I am really glad we were still there when it happened though. We were just about to take off. So it could have been MUCH worse than it was!!! I'll post some pictures later, and please pray that we don't get this weather they are speaking of...more snow/ice!!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Glad you and Bethany had a great time! That stinks about your washer!! Mine did that about a month ago and never did it again. I don't know what was wrong with it, but at least I didn't have to pay to have it fixed.

Looks like we will be out of school tomorrow!!! However, I heard that tomorrow is a freebie day because we're on the 2 for 1 deal. I've lost track now, so I don't know. I voted in favor of the Saturday school. Don't really want to, but it's much nicer for those of us who teach summer school. And at least it's just a half day.

Enjoy your snow days!! ;)

Heather said...

lol...actually, we aren't on a 2 for 1. i guess it is make up day 1 and count it as 2. (i couldn't edit that to fix it.)

the scrappy chic said...

you had me all excited!!! Bummer!!!

Kodi Logan said...

The weather isn't looking good. At least we were able to make it today though. When they first started talking I thought we might be out from Monday until Wed. or even Thursday. I guess we'll see what happens tonight!

Sorry about your washer. But like you said, at least it happened when you were home and when you had someone there to help. :)

Holly said...

Oh yuck. My mom just went thorugh that and I "price shopped" with her all day. We ended up back at Sears because they were the only ones that actually service what they sell. That means a lot. Two things to note with the new washers/dryers, the front loading are sooooo much better not only on the environment, but on your water bill too. For instance, I learned that top loading use 40 gallons of water and front loading only use 14gal!! They also sell an optional drawer-type pedestal thing that the washers and dryers sit upon these days. They are another $200!!!
The word at the MS was that tomorrow is a freebie, but another day will be added with Wednesday. It seems that they have backed off the forcast.
I was all for the 4.5 hr. Saturdays. I don't want to be in school within 3 weeks of my due date!!