Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'm Back!






I don't know if I have ever gone this long between posts on my blog! I have been at the lake since Friday morning. Ryan has been in Chicago for work this week, so I figured the dogs and I would just chill at the lake! We did too...I sure wish we hadn't had so much rain. But I made about 30-35 cards while I was there! I didn't have much else to do. I took bags of leftover paper from pages, and I whipped out quite a batch of cards. I love it when I get rid of all that paper! My leftovers have become rather out of control lately, so I feel a lot better having gotten rid of some of them:) My design team buddies will even see some of that fantastic paper from our application kit that we loved so much:) Sorry for the blurry pictures, but I have to hurry today!




Well, I need to start packing. Ryan took off work tomorrow, and we are driving to see my family in Oklahoma tonight. Tomorrow, he and I are going to play in Oklahoma City. Sometimes we miss a lot of that. There was just so much to do there, neat places, Bricktown, Penn Square Mall, and the yummiest Mexican food that you can imagine. I should have been starving myself this week to prepare for all the cheese and tortillas I plan to eat at Chileno's. Ryan and I won't even eat at Mexican restaurants here because there is no comparison. Needless to say, we have learned to make some pretty mean fajitas and guacamole! But this weekend, all we have to do is order:) Can't wait!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Sorry, I can't get my link to work. If you would like to see Bricktown, go to:
www.bricktownokc.org/p/8065/Default.aspx

7 comments:

Holly said...

That is a heck of a lot of cards, girl!!!! Good work...and good idea! I have scraps from the mid '90s piling up still!

Kodi Logan said...

wow, you'll be set for a while. i went to bricktown last summer with my sister. it was our first official road trip. we loved oklahoma city. i spent 2 years in Moore, Ok, so we went back to see our old hometown and visit some of the places we had never been before. have you gone over to the bombing memorial? so worth the visit if you haven't. i still haven't scrapped my pics from that weekend! enjoy your mexican! i'm a mexican food freak! if i go back there, you'll have to tell how to get to that restaurant you mentioned. have fun!

the scrappy chic said...

Hi Kodi! I had no idea you had lived in Moore! I grew up about 40 minutes south of OKC. Believe it or not, my 18th birthday was the day of the bombing, pretty weird, huh? So yes, I have been there, and it is quite a touching place. What is even weirder is that my husband's birthday is 9/11. Pretty freaky, huh??? Chelino's is actually in Bricktown. It is three stories, and you can sit outiside on the canal on each level. Very yummy!!!

Tiffany Cooper said...

Chelino's...so good!
I'm actually taking Herbert on a surprise getaway on Father's Day. We are staying by Bricktown at the Skirvin Hotel and I plan to take him to Bricktown for dinner.

Let me know if you are driving through Edmond or close by...maybe we could eat quick or just say hi.
I know it will be a quick getaway for you and you're busy.
I will be in Springfield for a weekend in June. If you're around we could hook up. I'll give you a call.

Love the cards! You are truly gifted in the area of visual beauty.

Hope to talk to you soon!

Kodi Logan said...

oh man, then my sister and i went right by that place. we rode the little water canal taxi. there were crazy people on those outside decks...i saw some wild things that evening!:) we ate at toby keith's (i love him), but were highly disappointed. i would have enjoyed that mexican place much more i'm sure.

I lived in Moore when I was 6-8. I played on a t-ball team there that were state champions: the thrillers! so funny...our coach picked that name after jackson's video came out!

Jennifer said...

Check out all us Okies!! I'm from Tulsa. Ilove that you were able to use the ghetto paper on some of those cards! That's hilarious.

Allison Davis said...

wow...that's a lot of cards!! They look great and what a good idea to use up some scraps.

Hope you have fun this weekend!