Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Sometimes...

life moves too fast, and I feel like I don't soak it all in. I feel like I just go through the motions, and wish for the weekend. Anyone else ever feel like this??? I must say running is helping with that though, especially as I am becoming more in shape-finally. I'm finally to the point that I can run a few miles, and not feel like I am about to die. I did four miles today with my new playlist. Gotta love a new playlist, especially one that works. I didn't skip any songs. I even kept walking through the parking lot where my car was so that I didn't have to turn one off. So maybe my runs will become as long as my playlist is:)

On another note, you guys have read my blogs occasionally when I have mentioned my grandparents. They are just good people who have shaped my life as much as my parents have. There are so many things that I idolize about them. I love that they take care of themselves by eating healthy and exercising. I love that they have always encouraged us to try anything, and to set goals for ourselves. I love that they always encouraged us to compete at something, and supported us in whatever that something was. I wish I could see them more often, and spend time with them. But living away makes that difficult. Some of my best memories of visiting Oklahoma since we moved here were during the time that my parents had a full house, and Ryan and I would stay with my Grandma and Grandpa when we would go home. I hadn't spent the night with them since I was much younger, and it's amazing that warm and cozy feeling that comes from being with them at their house. Okay, I'll get to the point. My Grandpa is very politically active, as I have mentioned in the past. He sent me an email with a link to the Democrats club they belong to so that we could see their float that won first place. As I was looking at the website, I saw this video of my Grandpa doing his rope tricks with some children. Growing up, this was part of every get together, parade, or anything that we were participating in. I used to know how to spin one too, but I can't say that I would be able to do it now if I tried. Anyways, I just wanted to share this video of my Grandpa Jim. It brought back so many warm memories of family and of childhood memories. Click on the link below to see Grandpa in action! And please, no political comments, that is not what this blog is all about. http://pottcountydemocrats.org/Documents/MOV01287.MPG

4 comments:

Holly said...

What a cute g-pa!! Yea, I don't think I could do that either, but it sure was fun to watch. He had those kids mesmerized!
Glad our training is still going well!

Kodi Logan said...

cool video. thanks for sharing! aren't grandparents the greatest! i have such fond memories of mine as well. how old is your grandpa? he looks like he is in really great shape.

Ronnie and Becky said...

Love the rope tricks. I will show this one to Tyler. I really loved spending the night at my grandparents house...I felt so secure and at home there. I remember the smells of my grandmothers cooking and to hear my grandfather whistling.

Thanks for triggering those memories for me.

Becky B

Tiffany Cooper said...

Thank you for sharing this with us. Your Grandpa is clearly a special guy. Your comments about them touched me b/c my G&G have that special place in my life. They influenced a lot of my life.