Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Home Again!



Yes, I am actually at my own house!!! This has been a crazy month. I don't think I have slept here more than 5-7 times in the past month. I came back to Springfield on Friday evening, met my friend Jessie for dinner, came home, slept, woke up and headed to the lake. I came back here yesterday afternoon (Monday). It feels good to be here. I didn't ever find my ring. Very sad deal! But I am hopeful that at some point, the ring will just fall out of a cabinet or a drawer, or something like that. I must say that everyone's nice comments are encouraging. I had decided I was the only girl in the world who takes off her wedding ring that often. Apparently, it's not just me!!! Ryan has been really good about it too. I think we both know that there isn't a thing we can do about it. It is out of our control. I have got to go find a picture of it to email the police department. We had to file it missing in order for any insurance to kick in. What an ordeal! I mean, it's not even about the money, it's my wedding ring. Ryan had it designed for me based on all the things I had pointed out on rings as we had looked at them. It was really special, and I'm obviously still pretty sad about it because I am almost in tears as I type this.


However, I must say I am happy to be home. I have lots of pics to post later when I get them uploaded. The ones on here are just random, but they make me smile. When Rach was here, she walked in her room, and found Barkley, just laying in her suitcase!!! Hope you all have a happy day!!!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Glad you're back and you're safe and your mom is doing well. Hope the ring turns up, but if not, you have Ryan and that is most important!

Kodi Logan said...

glad you're back...the blogging world isn't the same without you!

Allison Davis said...

Welcome back!!
I hope you find your ring soon! I know I would be crushed if I lost mine!

Laura said...

Amy, hope you find your ring! I lost an earring once that Gregg gave me and I loved them...one day about two years latter it turned up at the back of our closet. It must have gotten tangled in a shirt and just finally fell there and stayed hidden until the day i found it, and yes we had turned the house upside down, including that closet.