Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Just a note...

to say hello:) Mom is doing a little better, becoming more independent. I am going home on Friday. I miss my puppies and my hubby right now. Since I have been here, I have lost my wedding ring. That has really had me down a little because I have absolutely no idea where it could be. I had it on Saturday, but Saturday night, I started to realize it was missing. I am really weird about my ring. I take it off every time I put on lotion, clean the kitchen, shower, go to bed, swim, etc. It is kind of like closing the garage door when I leave my house. It happens subconsciously. Since I have been here, I have been so busy taking care of mom, cooking for everyone, cleaning, etc. It has been a wild week. Saturday night, I made queso and tacos for everyone. I remember taking my ring off when I was making the queso. I was afraid I was going to get cheese in it. But it's nowhere to be found. I have had to make myself come to grips with the fact that this SUCKS!!! But, I still have a lot of things to be thankful for. It's taken a few really hot baths and lots of self-talk, but I know that worse things could happen. I will keep you filled in on this saga.

I have gotten to spend a lot of time with my niece and nephew since arriving. I have seen them most of the days I have been here. I have gotten some super cute pictures that I can't wait to post and play with after I have some time. Tomorrow my sister-in-law is bringing Shelton over for me to watch while she and my brother go fishing for the day. I'm gonna try to get some more pics of him. He is so adorable! Anyways... I've gotta run! I need to get some zzzzzzzzzz's.

4 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Oh no! It sounds like it would have to be around there somewhere. I worry all the time about losing mine. I check my finger several times a day making sure it is still there and the bigger diamond is still there. I mostly worry about that diamond falling out. I'm kind of obsessive about it. So, I can't even imagine what you are feeling right now.What does your hubby say?

Tiffany Cooper said...

That's a horrible thing to have to come to grips with. I have lost mine on several occasions because I take mine off all the time for the same reasons you do. Each time it shows up in an odd place. I even lost it in the airport once and had to look under everyone's feet.
Tell your mom I say hello. I had so much fun staying with your family while at Evangel...it seems so long ago now.
I bought some scrapbooking stuff yesterday to start the challenge. I'm not sure where to start but I'm going to do it.
Have a safe trip home!

Holly said...

I hope you find your ring! How traumatic! I used to put mine in the window sill or on top of a canister. I'm sure you've turned the place upside down! Boy, your mom is going to miss you being there, no doubt!

Ronnie and Becky said...

You are a good daughter!! I know you mom is so thankful that you are there with her.

A few years ago Carmen misplaced her rings at my house and MONTHS later we found them...right where I put them to keep them safe. Don't give up yet!!

Becky