Thursday, August 09, 2007

I can't believe...

that summer is winding down so quickly. This week has been busy for me. On Tuesday, I went out to my school to work in my room. I stayed until after midnight. But....I don't have to go back until the 20th when we start having meetings and all the beginning of the year stuff. So I am glad of that. I was starting to stress about it, and decided to just put in one long day so that I don't have to worry about it anymore. Yesterday I had to go paint one of our rent houses. YUCK!!! Can I just say that I don't understand how some people can be so gross!!! This place was nasty. We bought this house two years ago, and it was in great condition. But these people ruined the carpet, the walls are just nasty, and the sinks and bathtub, I won't go there. It is always so alarming when you go in after someone moves out and see how nasty some people can be! Now, not all renters are like that. Some of them leave the houses in perfect condition. Thank goodness for them. But those people are few and far between. Anyways...I wish I had taken my camera over there with me just so you could see this mess, but I didn't. So now we are ripping out the carpet, and getting ready to refinish the old wood floors that are underneath. I still have to go do trimwork, but I am saving that for next week. I am going to get my hair done today:) Hope everyone is having a terrific Thursday, and to all my teacher friends, savor each moment, because we don't have much time left until we are at our district breakfast bright and early!!! I have some new pages to post, but I will have to do it later. I am hoping to scrap some tonight too:)

4 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

thanks for the reminder amy...district breakfast...bright and early. now that is always an interesting event. :)

that's cool that you all have a rental house. trai and i (more so Trai than me) would like to flip houses. maybe when we get old and retire and have nothing else to do. :)

i can't wait to see you pages!!!!!

Holly said...

Tobin and I were going to rent my house, but once I moved into his house, we thought about it and decided that if I saw anyone mistreat what I had spent so much love, sweat, tears, and money on, I would be livid!!! Sorry you have to go through all that. It kind of eats up the profit margin, I know.
Do you actually go to the breakfast? I slide in right when it is ending and we go into the auditorium. But, if we can all sit together...eh, people always sit with their buildings anyway.

the scrappy chic said...

I can't say I have ever made it for the breakfast, Holly! Do you know anyone who does? I'll be looking for ya that morning bright eyed and bushy-tailed:)

Kodi Logan said...

i usually get there after it's been going a while. they give away some freebies...and i've actually won a couple of times!