Thursday, August 23, 2007

Well...

it's official! I'm back to work. The kids came today, and it was a pretty good day overall. But let me tell you, I am one exhausted girl! My feet are hurting so bad, my back is sore, my eyes are tired, and well, I guess I'm just worn out! It is funny how that happens every year. I think it has to do with those concrete floors we walk on all day. I don't think I sat down for more than a total of 50 minutes today. I tried to keep track. The longest I sat at a time was 19 minutes. Maybe that's why I am tired. I think I have a really good group of kids this year. There are always a couple that test the waters, but my group overall seems awesome! Let me tell you, that makes teaching a lot more fun. I must say that I am really glad we only have kids two days this week. That will make next week a little easier to adjust to. It kind of feels good to be back. I may change my mind about that in a few months, but for now, it's a good thing. I do wish I could sleep in every now and then though:) That's about all I have to talk about right now seeing as school has consumed my time, thoughts, and energy during this entire week. I hope all my teacher buddies are off to a good start! If I don't blog before the weekend, everyone have a good one. Betcha can't guess where I'm off to tomorrow afternoon...........

5 comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad you have a great class! It is amazing how one kid can change the chemistry of the whole room! I am a little worried what the concrete floors are going to do to our bodies over our career! I've heard horror stories and I'm not always sensible about my shoe choices!

Allison Davis said...

gee could you be going to the lake!?! I can imagine you are exhausted! Thank goodness you've only got one day left this week! Enjoy the weekend!!

Tiffany Cooper said...

I know, I know...you are going to the lake! You lucky girl. It's so nice that you have a place you can relax and get away from the busy day to day life.
I always dreaded the early mornings while teaching. Augh!
Have a great weekend.

Holly said...

Hope your weekend was a good one! This is going to be one LONG week!

Kodi Logan said...

hope you're having a good week. it's amazing how long this week has been...i wish we could just go to school 2 days every week. that was really nice.