Friday, August 10, 2007

New Layouts


Last night I stayed up until 2am scrapbooking downstairs, enjoying some good tunes on my ipod. I don't know what I'd do without that little device:) Anyways...the first three are things I did last night. The others are recent, I just haven't posted them.



The first layout is of the flowers Ryan sent me on my b-day. He always sends me unique flowers, and I love taking pictures of them. This layout is kind of unlike me. I'm not sure how much I like it, but it's done, so that's alright.







This second one is of pictures from last year at the lake that I have had sitting out since then. I can never find anything to compliment the pics because they are so nice to look at, and I don't want to take away from them. So, I kept it really basic, and again, this is one I'm just glad to have completed:)











This one is of another old picture. I sometimes look through albums, and if I see a picture that I really love, even if I have scrapped it before, I just pull it out and add it to my pile. This picture has been sitting in the pile for about six months, and it is a picture that I scrapped originally after our trip. I need to pull that album out and look at it. That is always funny to do. We were in the Dominican Republic with two of our very best friends, Justin and Jessie. Remember this, guys??? It was a pretty unique trip, to say the least. I just can't believe it's been so long ago.
This layout is from Father's Day weekend in Oklahoma. I started it at my mom and dad's house when I was there for her surgery, and just finally adhered the last pieces the other day. Each picture and green paper has good and a word that describes the day. I think it turned out kind of cool. These pictures were taken while I was with my mom too. I did this last Monday after I came home from the lake. If you notice I used white on white. I had seen that somewhere, and the results are more striking in real life.

This layout is pretty old. I think I made it during the winter sometime. It has been hanging in my page protectors in my scrap room, so it hasn't been photographed. I'm switching them out, so I decided to post it.


Well, Ryan is trying to finish work early so we can get an early start to our lake weekend:) So I need to run, shower, go to the grocery store, and head out. Hope everyone has a great weekend!


6 comments:

Holly said...

My gosh..I'm on overload...let's see if I can remember everything I wanted to ask and comment on...

1st LO: Do you have an endless supply of stamps or a 12x12 printer? Beautiful flowers, girl!

I love how you cut out the Bricktown sign. Are most of your swirlies stamps also? I 'm thinkin' I need some of those. Is Bazzil harder to stamp on?

The lake sunsets pics are outstanding!

I like how you use song titles (two country ones that I can think of) for your page titles!

Great layouts, Amy!!

the scrappy chic said...

Hey Holly! Yes, I do have quite a stamp supply:), and no, unfortunately, I don't have a 12x12 printer. Most of the swirlies are stamps, some are from the doodlebug templates. The stamps are the Autumn Leaves ones they have at Scrapbook Generation. And, no, I thought Bazzill wouldn't work to stamp on because of its texture, but it works perfectly. I have gotten to where I like it better than the smooth texture to stamp on-depending on the project. Thanks for your compliments, Holly!

Kodi Logan said...

Great layouts Amy. doesn't it make you feel good to see so many posted on your blog? i always feel so accomplished when i can post a lot of pages! it doesn't happen very often though.

another trip to the lake, huh? have fun!

Heather said...

Girl, you are soooooo talented! I love all of your new pages!!! Can I just come watch you sometime as you scrap?? :) Can't believe this is our last week of summer vacay. I won't know what to do when my alarm goes off in the mornings.

Anonymous said...

Amy, how lovely.

Allison Davis said...

Okay the top two layouts...those are some amazingly beautiful pictures!!!
All the layouts are great (as always!!!). I really love the white on white layout! Great pictures and the white on white affect is really cool! I can only imagine how awesome it looks in person!