Thursday, August 02, 2007

Fresh Veggies, YUM!!!





Ryan's Granny and Grandpa always have an amazing garden! They let me know they had lots of yummies for me, so I went out in the John Deere Gator with Ryan's Grandpa, and picked me some of the best tomatoes I have ever had off the vine! Ryan's Granny keeps the seeds of these tomatoes to replant each year. You can't get tomatoes like this anywhere!!! They are heirloom tomatoes. She also has German tomatoes. Oh my, I can't even tell you how good they are! I came home with garlic, which is also yummy, cucumbers, zucchini, and tons of tomatoes. I usually make a ton of homemade salsa with all this stuff. However, I have a couple of cuts on my fingers, and I don't think I can handle chopping everything up. I have actually ended up burning my fingers with jalapenos before. I know, it sounds weird, but the juices can go through your skin, and itburns from the inside. The burning lasted almost a week last time, so I don't think I can handle that. I am looking for recipes of things you can do with tomatoes. If anyone has any ideas, I would be so very grateful! I don't want all these tomatoes to go to waste! I can't eat them all, that's for sure. I would have a stomach ache forever!

6 comments:

Tiffany Cooper said...

Those veggies look great! I love loading salads up with fresh veggies.
I can't believe you are ALMOST ready to go back to school. I have to say, your summer at the lake sounds just about perfect to me. I would love living on a lake...we were always on the water growing up in Wisconsin.
Have a great Friday!!!

Jennifer said...

I have a great recipe for stuffed tomatoes and for grilled tomatoes. I'll email them to you!

the scrappy chic said...

Perfect!!!

Allison Davis said...

I love home grown tomatoes!! They are the best! Too bad Mike hates tomatoes...he runs if I get one close!
Those pictures are making me hungry!

the scrappy chic said...

That's funny, Ryan hates tomatoes too!

allissa said...

I am SO SO JEALOUS. I miss those much!!