Monday, September 17, 2007

Another Monday down:)

I hate Mondays, as if anyone who reads this or knows me was wondering:) However, this Monday wasn't too bad. After school, Ryan and I went for a run. he wants to start tagging along. I'm still trying to build up good endurance, and since I haven't been on much of a training schedule, that seems to be harder than usual. So tonight I've been looking at running websites, trying to find a schedule that is not only good, but one that is "doable" for me. Some of them are too much. I think I have committed to a half marathon Dec. 9. I'm nervous, but I know I can do it. I actually trained for one the year before last, but my partner and I missed our run. We thought it was one day, then I got online to register us, and realized we had the date for the previous year. So, needless to say, our training came to a halt. I am looking forward to good long runs, but kind of dreading them at the same time. I guess I look forward to feeling you get after you finish. It's been so long since I've been really running that that feeling seems far away right now. I think I found an eight week schedule I can follow. I will be ready to start it by Oct. 9. That is exactly eight weeks before the run. Here we go!!!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Good luck! Did you look at Hal Higdon's schedules?

the scrappy chic said...

That's what I usually use, but this time, his were going to cost about thirty dollars. I found one I think will work on runner's world.com

Kodi Logan said...

i still see you out running from time to time. i'm already past you when i figure out it is you or i would honk!

glad you're able to get back into your running. i'm going to have to figure out something new with my schedule. by the time I get Em to bed now, it's already dark out. i guess i really do appreciate that extra hour of daylight even though i always gripe about the time change! :)

Heather said...

I'm so impressed! I sooooo wish I was motivated to start something like that and stick with it. I always feel so much better after working out. Where do you run?

the scrappy chic said...

Hey Heather! I run lots of places. Lately I've been parking at Prima's in Chesterfield Village, then going from there. Tonight I had to hit the treadmill b/c it was dark. YUCK!!!