Friday, September 07, 2007

A weekend at home???

What will we do with ourselves? I don't think that Ryan and I have spent a weekend at our house since May. So being at home on a Friday feels unusual....but good. I have just been chillin' in my scrap room since I got home from school. I don't think I've accomplished a thing. I've had this same layout going for about two weeks. It just feels kind of good to be in my room with no place to go, nothing that I have to do, and simply sit, relax, breathe, and BE...The page I have been working on is about my wedding ring that I no longer have. I haven't said much about it on my blog, but this has been a really difficult time. I don't even have a picture of my ring. That's right, me, no picture. It is actually unbelievable. I have a picture of everything you can imagine, but no picture of that??? Not even a wedding photo, and we purchased all the proofs when we bought our wedding pics. Unbelievable. However, a couple of weeks ago, I just decided I had to stop obsessing about it, it was time to regroup. That is the title of my page. Hopefully I will finish it tonight so I can post it. I think it is one of the first times I have scrapped something that I am terribly sad about. Maybe that's why it's taking me so long. I hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start!!! TGIF

7 comments:

Holly said...

Hi Amy! I wondered if you would go to the lake just about 30 minutes ago! Guess what? I'm sitting around not accomplishing a whole lot either! LOL I am such a multi-tasker that this recuperating thing is very difficult for me.
I am eager to see the design of your page. You always do such great job, but this one will have so much emotion to it. I hope you have an enjoyable & relaxing weekend @ home!

the scrappy chic said...

Thanks Holly! I hope you are doing alright! Take it easy:)

Tiffany Cooper said...

Amy, I just felt so sad reading about your ring. I'm glad you have a relaxing weekend with Ryan at home. I'm going to turn in early tonight and get ready for the OU game tomorrow...look for me on TV. The chances of you seeing me are like 1 in however many people are there :) I'm sure you won't see me! Have a good weekend!

Kodi Logan said...

I LOVE WEEKENDS AT HOME! it feels like we haven't been home in forever. emmarie is sick...yes again! so we have been kind of forced to stay home. i got a lot accomplished today though. and it actually feels like i'm getting some time off. usually my weekends are so crammed packed that it feels like monday comes right after friday! :)

Allison Davis said...

Hope you are enjoying your time at home!

Reading about you ring...I'm so sorry you lost it!! One of the greatest memories of our lives is the day that ring is put on your finger. Have you gotten another one?

the scrappy chic said...

No, I haven't gotten another one yet. I'm just not ready for that. It sounds weird, but I can't explain it!!!

Allison Davis said...

I completely understand that! :)

It just sucks when something "priceless" to our hearts is lost...nothing ever seems to fill that hole. It might get better but I'm sure you always miss that ring.

Maybe your husband will come up with this great plan and make it so special that you will have a new ring with a new emotional connection to it! :)