Thursday, September 20, 2007

Crazy Day


But it was a good day. The crazy thing is that I am on the news tonight on KSPR 33. My principal asked me if I would like to be on TV. I said sure, then said, hang on, what for??? She laughed, and said an interview about safety in schools-mainly if I think teachers should carry guns in school. So, that's what I'm on the news today about. It is on at 4:30, 5:30, 10:00, and in the morning. Pretty wild!!! I didn't know they would be coming into my room, but they asked if they could, so I let them. My kids were CRAZY!!! You would think they had never seen a camera before. I hope I don't look like an idiot.....Guess we'll see in about ten minutes.

Onto other things. The picture at the top is the card class I did Monday night at Scrapbook Generation. The page below is the page about my ring. I will copy/paste the journaling so you can read it. I really like how all these stamps look. I absolutely loved this paper when I saw it, but had no idea that this is what I would use it for. I feel kind of weird posting this journaling because it's pretty personal, but that's alright. I guess life happens to all of us! So here goes:

Regroup...that’s what I keep having to do here lately. It all started with the loss of my wedding ring. I had no idea how much that symbol meant to me. I mean, I always knew how much I loved my ring. I was never the type of girl to think I would want a new one-ever. That was it. It was the one Ryan had designed-just for me. It disappeared. I sort of started to deal with it, then I realized I don’t have one picture of it. I started to convince myself it was a sign. Maybe Ryan and I weren’t meant to be. It sounds ridiculous, but this has been really hard on me. Then, I had a glimpse of hope for finding a picture. I would find the guy who designed it. I called the place where Ryan got it, and tried to get in touch with the designer, No luck. Ryan found him. However, the building where he had his portfolios stored burned down. Imagine the doubt I started to feel at this point. I had to do some serious self-talk, and I had quite a few cries too.I started having dreams about it, imagining it being hidden in a really strange place at my parent’s house, blaming myself for not keeping up with it, when in fact, I know that isn’t what happened to it. I was miserable, and I really thought my marriage was doomed. I kept thinking if I could just find my ring, everything would be fine. Then, one day, it just occured to me. That ring is not my marriage, it is a symbol of love. I am still in hopes that I will come across a picture of my wedding ring someday, but I am becoming more and more aware that a symbol is a symbol. It is sad to not have it anymore, but I still have the real thing that matters. I have Ryan, and I have our dogs, and I have our life. And that, to me is worth more than any material thing I will ever own. So, I am looking ahead, looking forward to more of our life together. I have the things that matter the most to me. It would be much worse to lose one of those. So, right now, I am still really sad and crushed about my loss, but I have found a way to regroup, change my pattern of thought, and look at all the symbols of love I have in my life.

5 comments:

Tiffany Cooper said...

How right you are about marriage being more than the ring! I love what came from your heart onto the page.
I'm going to see if I can watch your news spot on the internet.
Amy, the Springfield cleebrity:)

Heather said...

Hi Mary Estes!!! I just watched the newsclip online. How many more times could she have used the wrong name. Anyway, good job!!! I'm not good with being asked questions on the spot, so I would have been like "Um,....uh....". Way to go! :)

Kodi Logan said...

neat page. i love all the designs. thanks for sharing something so personal.

Holly said...

How touching! That's sooo cool that you wrote down all of your emotions and thoughts like that. Maybe that was part of the therapy and closure?
I'll watch ch. 33 tonight. Not my normal channel! haha I'm such a creature of habit!
The cards from class are cute!

the scrappy chic said...

hi girls, from "Mary" Estes:)